Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tetons Round Two

Teton Science School has been one of the greatest experiences for me, hence I am back for more.  Nature can never be repetitive, and never ceases to amaze me. One thing that I really enjoyed was our snow shoe hike tonight.  We went out after dinner dressed in close to 20 layers expecting it to be freezing but we were pleasently surprised. It was beautiful. We could see the Milky Way and practically every star in the sky.  We laid on our backs and star gazed under hundereds of towering pine trees. It was an experience I will never forget.  One thing I can take after coming here for two years that I can carry onto college next year is learning how to be independent and placed outside of my comfort zone. I value the time away from the world, away from the television and my cell phone and placed in an isolated location with 25 of my classmates. I have a newfound appreciation for nature and hope to find similar experiences in the future.
-Alyssa Corbett '12

No comments:

Post a Comment